IISMU Student-Alumni Mentoring Program
Our mentor program provides an opportunity for current students to learn from alumni in the workforce, and for alumni to enhance the IISMU experience for the next generation by sharing their experiences and advice with future analysts.
A mentor is a guide. A resource who successfully navigated IISMU’ ins and outs, rising to the challenges and reaping the promise of graduating from a leading preparatory program for intelligence analysis, and getting satisfaction from helping a younger generation succeed.
Mentors might share
- advice on going into the field of work,
- general career advice for today’s job market,
- experience from their field, including opinions, common ethical issues, and potential career trajectories,
- a “day in the life,” and understandings about their work load,
- resume advice,
- leads on undergraduate or graduate courses that may benefit the student,
- networking opportunities in their field, including professional associations,
- unpaid or paid internship opportunities,
- advice for maintaining professional relationships,
- and anything else they might feel appropriate or helpful.